Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Various shizz

This teen was too hocked up on Grand Theft Auto to realize what he was doing.

This prisoner is my new hero. He just never quits. Crashing a helicopter? Someone get me a working version of Grand Theft Auto, pronto!

And I think America just had this conversation:

USA: Hello, Third World Country, how can we assist you?
TWC: Please, some water.
USA: 100 dollar laptops? Absolutely. This will be the greatest humanitarian effort ever.
TWC: Please, a little food. Our children are dying.
USA: Dying to get on the web? I hear that. Excuse, I need to text someone.
TWC: We are in the middle of famine and war and inhumane working conditions. Genocide.
USA: You won't have to decide: the laptops will all be the same.
TWC: Please, save us from death. We need latrines.
USA: Hup, my second blue-tooth is jingling. Excuse me a tick. Okay, I'm back.
TWC: Our teeth are blue, too.
USA: They are the greatest aren't they? Well, 100 dollars a pop. And we'll only sell it to you in orders of 100,000, just so we can make some money. Deal?
TWC: If I say yes will give me the Snickers bar stuck in your beard?
USA: A yes it is! Only 200 dollars a pop. Great gravy!
TWC: What? You doubled the price on something I don't need?
USA: You've read Animal Farm, haven't you?
TWC: Yes. F*ck you, Pig!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you've drastically misunderstood the OLPC program.
First, it is not designed or intended for true third world countries. It is aimed at countries that are already on the road to modernisation and economic growth. These countries have widely attended public schools. The laptop is just meant to enhance the schooling capability. A hidden agenda is to distribute the idea of open source to an upcoming market - you can get mad about that... if you want. Also, they don't cost $200. They cost $100, the $200 it takes to donate one includes all the extraneous costs involved with delivery and training.