Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The degradation of friendship

Note: throwing the laundry cap of liquid laundry detergent right in the wash works like a charm. And why am I using liquid like some kind of pansy? Because here in Charm City aka Humidity City, the powdered stuff chunks up unless it is in an airtight gunsafe.

And now onto some news.

My favorite line is "friends now know too much about them."

I wish I was on Facebook so I could protest the following:

1) The use of the word "friend." All 202030984 people "poked" are not friends. They are by and large acquaintances, if that. People you will never meet, and will only know that they love Dave Matthews just as much as you do and hate Starbucks just as much as you do and want a 10,000 dollar Cartier or Bust just like you do.

2) Being on Facebook.

To quote a good movie, "With friends like you who needs friends."

I just joined a We (Heart) Max Fischer group on MySpace, where real friendships are forged.

The line above was typed in Blogger where lonely people whine about the world and fabricate things like joining fanclubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but you are on facebook...